Re: Adding exclude path when indexing

> I dont remember explicitly what happens, but the effect should be
> immediate. That is, if you search for anything in that path, it
> _should_not_ show up.
My tests indicate that it isn't removed from the index.

You are right, it doesn't show up in beagle-query or beagle-search. But
beagle-search is saying something like "Showing 8 of 9 matches" where
the 9th is that one which is located in the newly excluded path.

The calculation of the number of total matches seems to be wrong, doesn't
care about the new excludes.

Arghh... when I added the code to get the total number of matches I
didnt realize it would bite back this way :-). You are right, the
ignored document is not immediately removed from the index (that would
require recrawling the whole tree to figure out what should be
ignored) but silently removed from search results. The document itself
is present in the index, as evident from the count. The count should
be updated to hide the "little cheating" - thats a bug.

Its unlikely that this will get fixed before 0.2.16, so a bugzilla
entry would be helpful :). Issues in mailing list sometimes get lost.

Thanks,