Re: Install fails

D Bera writes:

>> I run on a Fedore 6 box which is managed centrally, i.e. I do not have
>> root privileges.  I have been able in the past to install beagle (up
>> through 0.2.18) by a modest amount of hacking about and installing
>> other things as well, including my own mono-1.2.2.1, in my own local
>> tree.
>>
>> But I'm losing with beagle-0.3.0 (and mono 1.2.5.2).  Mono-1.2.5.2
>> builds and installs OK, and beagle-0.3.0 builds OK, but any attempt to
>> run anything beyond the trivial fails.
>
> beagle and related tools, read some files from sysconfdir. Make sure
> that is correctly setup when you run ./configure. Also, for
> beagle-config to work uninstalled, you might have to run 'make
> install' once to make sure the global config files are installed in
> $sysconfdir/beagle/config-files.

Thanks, but a) they're all there and b) the strace suggests we're not
getting that far, in that 'etc/beagle' appears nowhere in the trace
output. . .

There are a number of pairs of lines along these lines:
  open("/amd/nfs/hippocampus/disk/ptn057/projects/lcontrib/etc/mono/assemblies/mscorlib/mscorlib.config", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
  open("/home/ht/.mono/assemblies/mscorlib/mscorlib.config", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
but I don't see any assemblies subdir in old vanilla mono
installations, so I don't think that's an issue. . .

Thanks anyway,

ht
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht inf ed ac uk