Re: Enhancement Request: A dictionary plugin

Hi,

On 4/18/07, Rogue <roguexz gmail com> wrote:
 I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a simple backend that
did on-the-fly queries from the dict server (if available). Any thoughts on
this? I guess it is another step towards a more complete search application.

 p.s.: I would have given a shot at writing such a backend, but the last
time I tried to setup the project with an IDE (MonoDevelop), I got
eventually frustrated and concentrated on other activities... I guess I am
one of those developers who rely rather extensively on IDEs.

I would tend to agree with the statement of others that this probably
something better suited outside the core of Beagle and in a tool like
deskbar.

One problem with a search like that to a remote host is that you'd be
leaking out all of your search terms to a remote site.  People might
not like that.  On the other hand, if it can do spelling suggestions
it might be a nice way to implement that feature.