Indexing compressed files

Hi,
	Newbie beagler here.  I have to apologise in advance, I tried to search the
mailing list archives, but it is broken at the moment, so I can't!  My
question maybe obvious, but neverless important to me - quite simply beagle
(that is the version supplied with suse 10.1) seems to ignore compressed
files, specifically bzip2 files.  I have many *.pdf.bz2, *.ppt.bz2, *.doc.bz2
files in my vast (50Gb) archive that I'm really quite keen on indexing.
 I see no search hits on anything compressed with bzip2!  I have run beagled
the the ENV variable to run at full speed, and beagled seems to have finished
indexing.

Should beagle handle bzip2 compressed media?  How can I make it do this ? do I
need to write my own filters for each type of file?

Please help!

Dave.