Re: RoadMap for next Beagle releases

On Thursday 21 September 2006 19:40, Adam T. Gautier wrote:

> I thought it was because it needed to be transfered across the network?
>  I also thought that Lucene queried the index in the DB why would it
> need one disk access per document?

Because the "documents", i.e. the stored fields like e.g. "title" are
usually scattered all over the disk. If you only need the IDs, those disk
accesses are not required. But as you usually want to display something
and the IDs are not stable (they can change when documents are added etc)
the ID is usually not enough. But that is the Lucene point-of-view, I'm
not familiar with with the layers added by Beagle.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de