Re: Help! Your beagle likes to eat my file index!
- From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
- To: Hanspeter Kunz <buzz rexx gmail com>
- Cc: dashboard-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Help! Your beagle likes to eat my file index!
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:48:09 -0400
On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 15:03 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> This is bug 348139:
> For some reason, the MIME detection code is going nuts (but not
> infinitely looping) on certain files. I've seen it with matlab (.m),
> all the time for me.
> I'm rather stumped on this; I don't know the mime code too well (it's
> from freedesktop.org) nor do I understand why it's looping so tightly.
> I'll keep investigating, however.
I just checked in a fix for this. There was a memory leak that was
resulting in hundreds or thousands of MIME caches being created, and
this was causing the slowdown. It was never fixed upstream but was
fixed in the GTK+ copy of the xdgmime code, so we are now pulling from
there and consider it to be the canonical copy.
] [Thread Prev