Re: Possible Thunderbird Backend

Yeah, I already read the primer, unfortunately, its not much use,
since basically it means we would have to implement a true mork
processing engine in beagle (not worth it) and doesn't give really
enough to make this not impossible. Mozilla has been under a lot of
pressure from developers for a while now to implement a better backend
storage system, and if you look at the new 'storage' module in the
mozilla cvs, its sqlite3. So, we can expect that thunderbird 2.0 will
use sqlite3 db's. However, this is still not a perfect solution by a
long shot, as we are then stuck with attempting to read a locked file.
(when moz is open)

Got me.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik