Re: Beagle - Evolution entries not updating when email moved

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 23:37 +0000, John Halton wrote:
> I'm running Evo 2.4 and Beagle 0.2.2 on a Debian Etch/Sid system. One
> problem I'm having is that some recent emails (i.e. received in the past
> 24 hours) are appearing on Beagle searches, but then when I click the
> email it comes up in Evolution as blank.
>
> I assume this is because the email has been moved to the Trash folder
> but Beagle still has it logged as being in the Inbox.

Is the email actually moved into a different mailbox, simply been marked
as deleted, or expunged from the mailbox?

> How long does/should it take for Beagle to realise the email's moved? Is
> there any way of giving Beagle a bit of a shove to get it to re-index
> the Evolution folders more quickly? I've tried stopping and restarting
> beagled but that doesn't seem to have helped.

It can take a while depending on the size of your mailbox and whether
you are using mbox or IMAP.  There's no way to kick it, unfortunately.
The slowness is inherently a problem with the way Evolution stores its
data and how Beagle has to access it.  Restarting the daemon doesn't
help.  (And in fact actually hurts, because it has to recrawl all the
mail again.)

The Evo guys are working on a fix, however, and the backend hopefully
will be getting an overhaul soon.