Re: Beagle and html indexing

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 04:13 +0100, Stephan Hegel wrote:
> I've installed beagle-0.2.2.1 successfully and noticed that it does not index
> any html files.

Is it only HTML files, or all files?

> Debug: No filter for /home/steve/www/html/private/index.html (application/octet-stream)
> No filter for application/octet-stream
>
> AFAIK, beagle is using gmime to find out the file type. But I'm not clear where to
> configure gmime, if possible at all.

It uses xdgmime, actually, and requires freedesktop's shared-mime-info:

        http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fshared_2dmime_2dinfo

But every distribution ships it these days.

In the glue/xdgmime directory, there is a test application there.  Build
it like so:

        gcc -g -o test-mime *.c

And then run it on that file:

        ./test-mime /home/steve/www/html/private/index.html

There will probably be three lines of spew:

        Test Failed: message/news is not subclass of message/*
        Test Failed: message/news is not subclass of text/*
        Test Failed: text/* is subclass of text/plain

You can ignore those, but if there are any more, then that indicates
there's something wrong with the mime system.  Finally, you should see a
line like:

        File "/home/steve/www/html/private/index.html" has a mime-type of text/html