Re: Compiling on Debian Etch AMD64 instructions

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 11:21 +0100, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> checking for UIGLUE... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0
> >= 2.6.0 librsvg-2.0) were not met.

> What is this trying to say to me? I have looked for the packages gtk
> +-2.0 and librsvg-2.0 but I cannot find them anywhere. Given the fact
> that I have a (non) working Beagle it should be possible to compile
> beagle somehow.

It is looking for pkgconfig files, which are a way to specifying a
development environment regardless of what Linux distribution your are
running (or even that you are running Linux at all).

Specifically, it is looking for the gtk+-2.0.pc and librsvg-2.0.pc
files.  These are usually in development packages; for me on SUSE they
are in gtk2-devel and librsvg-devel.  They will be something similar
(but different) on Debian.