Compiling on Debian Etch AMD64 instructions

Hi,

In an attempt to compile Beagle on a Debian AMD64 Etch machine I want to
install just enough (Sid) things to make that possible. I followed the
instructions on the wiki page but during the configure phase I get the
following error:

checking for UIGLUE... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0
>= 2.6.0 librsvg-2.0) were not met.

What is this trying to say to me? I have looked for the packages gtk
+-2.0 and librsvg-2.0 but I cannot find them anywhere. Given the fact
that I have a (non) working Beagle it should be possible to compile
beagle somehow.

Is there anyone that has compiled Beagle on a Debian AMD64 Etch box,
that is able and willing to give me instructions about compiling Beagle
on such machine?

TIA

--
Groeten,