Re: exclusions not working

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:17 -0700, D Bera wrote:

> > > It should be Path not Pattern.
> >
> > That's what I think too, but the beagle-settings doesn't let you choose
> > files for Path types.
> >
> > > Pattern is used to match file names and
> > > extensions only.
> >
> > But I only want to exclude this one file, not all files with "backup" in
> > them, which is why I think it should be a Path too.
>
> As of now, patterns only apply to name and path to full path.

I like the idea of using a Path for the file /home/brian/Mail/backup as
it's absolutely specific.  beagle-settings won't let me choose files
though, only directories.  Files are "greyed out" in the chooser.  I
wonder if I can just edit the XML file and beagle will exclude it as
Path.

> If you think
> pattern should match both name and path, please file a bug.

I don't really think that.  I just think I should be able to choose
_files_ in Path, not just directories.

b.

Brian J. Murrell