Re: exclusions not working

> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 18:58 -0700, D Bera wrote:
> > > In my indexing.xml I have:
> > >
> > >   <IndexHomeDir>true</IndexHomeDir>
> > >   <Excludes>
> > >     <ExcludeItem Type="Pattern" Value="/home/brian/Mail/backup" />
> >
> > It should be Path not Pattern.
>
> That's what I think too, but the beagle-settings doesn't let you choose
> files for Path types.
>
> > Pattern is used to match file names and
> > extensions only.
>
> But I only want to exclude this one file, not all files with "backup" in
> them, which is why I think it should be a Path too.

As of now, patterns only apply to name and path to full path. If you think
pattern should match both name and path, please file a bug. It might be
possible to allow an excludeitem based on both path and pattern which will
cover all cases but it is subject to discussion.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com