Re: Reindex needed?

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:40 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> You can run "getfattr -d" on a file to see all of its xattrs, including
> the ones that Beagle has set.

Cool.

> Beagle *could* migrate the attributes
> stored in the sqlite database into xattrs when it crawls over them and
> notices that it now can,

Hell, I'd even be happy with "throw the database away" and re-index
those files.

> but it's a corner case that just doesn't seem
> worth the effort, honestly.

Too much effort even if you throw the sqlite db away and just re-index
the files with the missing EAs?

I just don't want to have to re-index my entire 5G ~ because only a few
files might not have the EAs on them.  Maybe the number is so low I
don't care that they don't have EAs and are in the sqlite db instead.

What happens if I remove just the sqlite dbs?  Where are they?

b.

Brian J. Murrell