Re: Error starting up Beagle 0.2.0 for first time

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 19:13 +0100, Rafał Próchniak wrote:
> I went through Ubuntu Breezy compilation and install of 0.2.0 and my
> humble advice: make sure you get rid of old versions of libraries, when
> you compile and install new ones (this happened to me with gmime: beagle
> compiled fine with proper gmime in /usr/local/lib but crashed using old
> one in /usr/lib: obviously my mistake of leaving some old
> dependencies...).

I strongly agree.  I build everything into ~/build/<project>, and blow
those directories away when I do rebuilds.  Yes, it means I need to futz
around with PKG_CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but atleast I always
know that things are going to work.

> And AFAIK glibsharpglue-2 comes from libglib2.0-cil package, not
> gtk-sharp2, which is probably exactly the information you need.

Yes, it varies from distro to distro.