Re: Size of index

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 18:30 -0500, Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> Do you also index Web pages on your laptop?

I do, although since I last deleted my indexes I've only indexed two
pages.

> How much space does each Web page take on average?

It varies depending on the size of the pages, the textual density of the
pages, and the number stored in the index.  You can get a decent idea
for how big each index item is on average by running beagle-index-info
and getting the count from the IndexingService backend and dividing it
into the size of your ~/.beagle/Indexes/IndexingServiceIndex directory.

Because web pages are transient, there's no way to get a percentage of
the total size of the pages themselves.