Re: Patch: support for embedded lyrics in Mp3 files

Joe Shaw wrote:
Hi Joe,

I don't have much knowledge of beagle, entagged or mono, so the patch has been kind of cobbled together based on example code, though I'll do my best to answer these questions.

For the Beagle code, you are doing a foreach over the tags.  A few
questions:

        * Can tag.Tag.Get() ever return something which isn't an
        IEnumerable?  For example, can it ever return null?  If so, this
        will throw an exception when that happens and you'll need to
        check for it.

AFAIK entagged handles this bit. The exception is caught in Tag.Get() with this code:

if(list == null) {
    return new ArrayList();
}

        * How are the lyrics stored in the LYR field?  Line by line?
        All of the lyrics in one element?  We don't want to do one field
        per line.  It may also make sense to make this the content of
        the file, rather than putting it in a property.

The entire contents of the LYR bit are stored as one element. I don't see any need to have it seperated and stored line by line. I'm not sure what you mean by making this the content of the file? How does beagle index it if it's not a property (sorry if I'm being really stupid here).

        * You may want to use Beagle.Property.NewUnstored() to save disk
        space in the index if you don't expect to pull the lyrics
        themselves from the index.  (Seems like it would make more sense
        to pull them from the file itself.)

Yes that would make sense I think, IMO the lyrics only need to be searched and not stored, cheers.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Tom