Re: beagle problem with indexing pdf files

> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 21:11 +0200, Jan Falkenhagen wrote:
> > i've got a problem with beagle indexing pdf documents. Sometimes pdf
> > indexing causes very high cpu and memory consumption of the pdftotext
> > process (>1.5 GB of RAM). however i guess that this occurs only with
> > some broken pdf files. is there any simple way to track down this
> > behaviour to the files that are causing this problem?
> This is a bug in the xpdf software (from which pdftotext comes), and I'd
> suggest you report a bug to their developers.
> If you'd like, you can attach a broken PDF to a beagle bug and we can
> see what we can do to work around it.

Or if someone wants to write a managed PDF parser (in C#), that would
be cool too :). There are some C# pdf libraries out there that can be
used e.g. itextsharp (its under LGPL, is that compatible with beagle
licensing ?)

Debajyoti Bera @
beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user