Re: Collaboration with AbiWord on Dashbaord/Beagle?

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 11:31 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification Joe. I see what you mean about dashboard
> needing love. After applying the patch to Beagle's pkgconfig.pc dashboard
> built a valid executable. However it crashes almost immediately after
> receiving cluepackets from AbiWord.

Yeah. :)

> My first thought was to do a bit of tracing through the dashboard code to
> see if we were doing something wrong inour clue packets and to look for
> obvious bugs. I hoped to gain a bit of understanding about dashboard
> worked too.
>
> What is the state of the mono-debugger? I tried to build mdb from source
> but it wouldn't compile.

I think it's improving, but I'm not sure how usable it is.  I think you
need to pull svn mono and mdb to get them working together.  I generally
build with "mcs -debug" and run with "mono --debug" and use the
Console.WriteLine() debugging method. :/