Re: Collaboration with AbiWord on Dashbaord/Beagle?

Hi Martin,

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 00:27 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> So I'm very happy to help on the AbiWord side. As I said, the plugin to
> send notifications from Abiword to dashboard has been written. No doubt it
> will need a lot of tweaking and fixing. Is there interest in
> Beagle/Dashboard community to help Mentor on the Dashboard side?

I am definitely interested in such a thing, but I think we first need to
get to the point where Dashboard is really usable again.  It's been
probably 3 years or so since it was first written and it is very much a
My First C# Program, so the code quality and design decisions
surrounding it aren't great.  There has been a little effort to get it
going again with Beagle, but I am pretty sure things like cluechaining
and the other interesting parts of Dashboard are long since broken.

In my mind, getting Dashboard up and running is the primary SoC task.
If AbiWord integration is a key part of that work, that is definitely
file by me.