Re: Beagle Searching

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 23:52 +0300, Alper KANAT wrote:
> I just installed the Debian package of Beagle.. But I have a few
> problems.. Hope somebody can help me..
>
> 1) I set the shortkeys ALT-F12 for opening Beagle search application but
> when I press the keys nothing happens.. Manually writing beagle-search
> opens the application without any problems..

The hide/show shortcut only works if you run "beagle-search --icon".
You can add this to your session so that this shows up each time you log
in.

> 2) I can search through my Gaim logs in my home directory... Than I
> added another partition (/pub) which I use for all my files such as
> Music, Video, Pictures, Text files etc... But I can't search.. I tried
> some keywords but nothing happened..

You mentioned above that you "just installed" Beagle.  Chances are that
not all your data has been indexed yet.  It takes time, especially the
more data you have.

> Is the user_xattr option in /etc/fstab, the solution for this problem ?

It speeds things up, but everything will still work without it.

> 3) How can I see such results [1] in Beagle ?

The beagle-search tool.