Re: Beagle Searching

> I realized that the directory is being created when I write:
> beagle-exercise-file-system

Ahh... I completely forgot about that. Yes,
beagle-exercise-file-system is a sort-of stress-testing/debugging tool
for beagle. It creates a filesystem and does a lot of operations in it
- simulating a regular beagle filesystem indexing.
Its not meant to be used by "users" :) - not sure why it gets installed.

> I have my home files in the same partition as the root partition... I
> only want to index my home directory and the /pub directory which is a
> FAT32 partition with a size of ~30 GB..
>
> Right now, Beagle index my files in the home directory but it's really
> really slow.... I haven't come to my /pub partition yet...

If your home directory is really large, then its going to take a while
(lets say a few hours, maybe a night). beagle indexer tries to be nice
to the computer thats why it seems a bit slow. If you are willing to
spend the next few hours away from your computer, you can start
beagled with "BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG" environment variable set;
beagle will consume as much CPU as possible and aggresively index
data.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com