Re: Bindings to other languages

Ok, a little poking around hasn't revealed a super clear or defined
solution, but you really have 2 options.

1) Try to look for an implementation of whatever language you are
using in a Mono runtime, in which case you can access beagle through
its C# libs.

2) Ok, this one seems like a more feasible solution for most. SWIG
stands for Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator (swig.org) and
can be used to easily take .c files and generate bindings to most
popular managed languages. (Perl, Python, PHP, Java, Ruby, Tcl and
Lisp are the big ones, and there are more) Try reading a little at
http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html
and you'll see how easy it is to generate a ruby interface to the
libbeagle bindings. While it might not be a perfect solution, it does
offer in-code access to a lot more.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik