Bindings to other languages

Hello everyone,

first of all want to thank the developers for this exelent piece of
software. It is really fun to use beagle and I like its modular
architecture.

The only thing I am missing: I'd love to use it everywhere - in every
context - for all searching purposes but unfortunately that cannot
work.

I have a file server at work, which saves all documents for the
windows clients - and everybody is asking me "Have you seen this
document or that sheet?" I would love to provide the employees with a
web interface to search the server with the help of beagle on their
own.

Until now I have already written some Ruby On Rails code which gives
beagle a simple web interface.
(https://nach-vorne.de/trac/beagle_on_rails) I am using the
command-line tool "beagle-query" and parse its results but i'm pretty
unhappy with this solution and I would like to use a more convenient
way to access beagle.

I was thinking about the use of a "python proxy" but i am new to
python and i have not found any information on how to use the binding
neither in this mailing list nor on the web.

Is there anything I should read or any project which already uses
something comparable. Would you recommend another approach to solve
the above challenge?

Thanks in advance for the help

Gregor