Re: Inital Deb Filter

<SNIP>
> > //
<SNIP>
> > Description = StringFu.FileLengthToString( Convert.ToInt64 ( hit["fixme:size"]+"00"));
>
> First, it looks like your search and replace to add spaces was
> backwards. :)  But more importantly, what's with adding two zeros to the
> end of a numeric string?  If the size is off by 100x, that's a bug, and
> we shouldn't be working around it.

Ok, Its just how dpkg-deb outputs it (in kb's)

> > if(my_hit.FileInfo.Extension == ".rpm" && my_hit["dc:description"] != null){
> >        string[] temp= new string[my_query.Text.Count];
> >        my_query.Text.CopyTo(temp,0);
> >
> >        details.AddLabelPair("Description:",
> >                             SnippetFu.GetSnippet(temp , new StringReader(my_hit["dc:description"])),3,1);
> >        return details;
> > }
>
> I think what you're trying to do here is ellipsize the text of the
> description, which might be quite long, correct?  If so, this is the
> wrong way to do it, because it calls into the daemon's private
> assemblies.  (A lot of stuff marked "public" should probably be marked
> "internal" in there.)  What you want is to create a label and then call
> beagle-search's WidgetFu.EllipsizeLabel().

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a Ellipsizing? I just wanted
to get only the parts of the description that contained the words
searched for.

The whitespace changes are easy, and i'll take care of those. Do we
just wanna scrap the UI tile?

--
Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik