Re: Firefox Extension Not Working

On Tue April 18 2006 11:09, Joe Shaw wrote:
> I doubt it.  The extension should be compatible, and Beagle is picking
> up that there are files being dropped in.  A few people have seen this
> now (although not myself), so it's important to get this tracked down.
> I'll see what I can find.

It really seems to have nothing to do with upgrading to Firefox 1.5.0.2. I use
Debian Sid packages and, as yet, Firefox 1.5.0.2 hasn't hit the Sid
repository. So, I am still using 1.5.0.1 and I am still having the problem
with the Beagle extension.

I have tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled all other extensions
thinking maybe some extension was conflicting with the beagle extension. The
problem remained. I renamed my ~/.mozilla directory (in which my firefox
profile resides) and created a fresh profile with only the beagle extension
installed. Again, the problem remained. Beagle seems to be "picking
up that there are files being dropped in." But, searching for any content from
sites or the sites themselves, still showed nothing.

Something I noticed in beagle-search... and I don't remember if this was how
it was in version 0.2.4...

Checking the Search menu in the beagle-search gui, I noticed the following
entries:

	Everywhere
	Applications
	Contacts
	Documents
	Conversations
	Images
	Media

Shouldn't there be an entry on the menu for website (or web page)? I honestly
don't remember if 0.2.3 had something like this. I'm probably wrong but
thought I should point it out. Even if it never had such an entry, perhaps it
should??

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.