Re: Search and documentation

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 19:31 -0400, Christian Lupien wrote:
> I have seen that in search/Search.cs, the documentation Source has been
> disabled. Is there a special reason for that?

Yes, because it floods the results you get back.  There was a tradeoff
to be made here: will people be searching among their data in
beagle-search, or would they be looking for help?  In our user testing,
we found that the former was what people wanted, and the number of help
items that came back was annoying.

Plus, we added Beagle-enabled search in the GNOME help browser, so you
can still find the help you're looking for.

> Is there a way to enable it from the GUI or does it require a program
> change and recompile?

It requires a recompile.  Just remove that block of code.