Re: using beagle-crawl-system

On Mi, Okt 19, 2005 at 06:17:55 +0200, Fredrik Hedberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Beagle daemon will automatically detect the indexes that are present
> in the /var/cache/beagle/indexes directory (given that that is the
> correct prefix, depending on the --localstatedir argument given when you
> ran configure).

I did not compile it by myself. However, the standard value in Debian is
/var/lib. Well, O.K, maybe I should try this.

> If you would like to add arbitrary static indexes, you may use the
> --add-static-backend <path> argument to the daemon as described in the
> man-pages.

Thanks, in the meantime I found a solution:

beagle-config daemon AddStaticQueryable did the job for me. However, I'm
not sure which man page you mean. I have version 0.1.1 installed and
neither beagled.1 nor beagle-config.1 mention the word "static. Maybe
the beagled manpage should be updated.

Thanks,

Johannes