Re: Restarting w/o losing the indices

Are you indexing files on NFS (or something mounted remotely) ? This
seems to be a problem with index synchronization (which, I think,
copies the index locally, does more indexing and copies it back upon
shutdown). I noticed there is a flag to turn off this feature:

$ beagle-config daemon ToggleIndexSynchronization
(Toggles whether your indexes will be synchronized locally if your
home directory is on a network device (eg. NFS/Samba))

You may want to play with the ToggleIndexSynchronization flag till the
problem is fixed. But I am not sure of its consequences, be careful.
Good luck,
- d.