Re: Restarting w/o losing the indices

Kevin Kubasik writes:

> Can you attach logs or the output when run with the --fg --debug flags
> (they can be found ~/.beagle/Log)

I've attached the first 100 lines of the log -- nothing leaps out a
me, but then I don't know what to look for.

> I have found that the IndexHelper processes tend to linger for a but,
> so running beagle-shutdown then wait a few moments, try ps aux | grep
> mono and see what comes up, I generally run killall mono until
> everything is stopped before starting a new instance, as the old
> IndexHelpers can step on each others feet.

Yeah, I realised that after a while.  I take it what you're saying
overall is that the indices _should_ survive. . .

Thanks,

ht

INFO: Starting Beagle Daemon (version 0.1.1)
DEBUG: Command Line: /group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --web-root /home/ht/.beagle/webroot/ --deny-backend mail --deny-backend EvolutionDataServer --deny-backend KMail --debug --fg
WARN: Extended attributes are not supported on this filesystem.  Many search backends will not be available
DEBUG: Starting main loop
DEBUG: Starting messaging server
DEBUG: Loading Beagle.Util.Conf+IndexingConfig from indexing.xml
DEBUG: Initializing index synchronization
DEBUG: Synchronizing... (target=Local)
DEBUG: Synchronized successfully in .02s
DEBUG: Starting QueryDriver
DEBUG: Found 0 types in EvolutionDataServer, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral
DEBUG: Found index helper at /group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9/lib/beagle/beagled-index-helper
inotify_init: Function not implemented
Inotify not supported!  You need a 2.6.13 kernel or later with CONFIG_INOTIFY enabled.WARN: Could not initialize inotify
DEBUG: Starting FileSystemWatcher Backend
DEBUG: Found 10 types in BeagleDaemonLib, Version=1.4.3.3, Culture=neutral
DEBUG: Found 0 user-configured static queryables
DEBUG: Adding root: /disk/b/mail
DEBUG: Adding root: /disk/b/dominic_full_dump
DEBUG: Adding root: /disk/b/unagi
DEBUG: Done starting FileSystemQueryable
DEBUG: Starting Scheduler thread
INFO: This Computer Hostname: erasmus.inf.ed.ac.uk
DEBUG: Starting WebBackEnd
INFO: Starting WebServiceBackEnd
DEBUG: Global WebServicesAccess Enabled
DEBUG: Starting Internal Web Server
BeagleXsp
Listening on port: 8888
Listening on address: 0.0.0.0
Root directory: /disk/b/.beagle/webroot
DEBUG: BeagleXSP Applications list: /:/home/ht/.beagle/webroot/,/beagle:/home/ht/.beagle/webroot//beagle,/beagle/local:/group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9,/beagle/gnome:/usr,/beagle/kde3:/usr,/beagle/img:/home/ht/.beagle/img
DEBUG: Daemon initialization finished after 1.97s

** (beagled:5899): WARNING **: _wapi_connect: Need to translate 2 [No such file or directory] into winsock error
DEBUG: Caught ResponseMessageException: System call failed
DEBUG: Launching helper process
DEBUG: Starting messaging server
WARN: Unable to set IO-priority for process to idle
DEBUG: Helper Size: VmRSS=10.4 MB, size=1.00, 0.0%
DEBUG: -uid:DXq0L3FV8UWyVgfJ+N8UnQ
DEBUG: -uid:c4YNUPkqK0OSjoARmuk3zw
DEBUG: -uid:7kbVXvn8EkGTTeA3UTmA0Q
DEBUG: +uid:DXq0L3FV8UWyVgfJ+N8UnQ
DEBUG: Loaded 29 filters from /group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9/lib/beagle/Filters/Filters.dll
DEBUG: Loaded 0 filters from /group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9/lib/beagle/Filters/evolution-sharp.dll
DEBUG: Loaded 0 filters from /group/ltg/projects/lcontrib9/lib/beagle/Filters/gmime-sharp.dll
DEBUG: +uid:c4YNUPkqK0OSjoARmuk3zw
DEBUG: +uid:7kbVXvn8EkGTTeA3UTmA0Q
DEBUG: Helper Size: VmRSS=24.2 MB, size=2.32, 33.0%
DEBUG: -uid:LmIY9QRBE0uhU10urfWSJg
DEBUG: -uid:PS5r8tPRfUO0xH0UdnitmA
DEBUG: -uid:SuF0iEVYnEi6+rsF+T1QPA
DEBUG: -uid:UIZvq0h2kkaswldyPHbVVA
DEBUG: -uid:vZb2kQ6vVUi0JGbifTmTZA
DEBUG: -uid:HOpTnglWBkS9nkA8xzDYGQ
DEBUG: -uid:3ylkMR7PxEqoetyX8tDUEg
DEBUG: -uid:xA7_T4yhgEuy99UMLghvgA
DEBUG: -uid:B6O0JYJToUeVh8Jr_thCdg
DEBUG: -uid:CV+2LmIgvEuDWfoL9BPMcA
DEBUG: -uid:pc3IYjE7KkyZfiL3UmsEgw
DEBUG: -uid:MPtoSOE8XUWG6Zv+W1GgCw
DEBUG: -uid:EAKDutE3gUSm+wWrGwR0cg
DEBUG: -uid:uyJMCJK+0Eij2QEdEPGNlA
DEBUG: -uid:ofI2bXZUhE+RGQAJ1pZ1Gg
DEBUG: -uid:CnOvqdxMU0icAgakRq7XlQ
DEBUG: -uid:Cw5xbgs5o0+C2uJgVALl8w
DEBUG: -uid:gnEBEJduAEm0_HUB3u3V_A
DEBUG: -uid:3BTaApbdP0ezxYcwrGhbDQ
DEBUG: -uid:vABprFAX5UWqPKrAoaAZcg
DEBUG: -uid:MntRgJKebUO_wGCRmloKhw
DEBUG: -uid:ggsY33COHES6Twos2WN_vQ
DEBUG: -uid:YBxasHVFsEeTHEdY2H7kwg
DEBUG: -uid:rkuc8D0moEuc+Gei+9QydA
DEBUG: -uid:f8yKNGOYhUGrogcdqyFgew
DEBUG: -uid:sCll+ncs1EiUBbtBpKa3pg
DEBUG: -uid:q_WsZDt4okWm8O+fTi_qLQ
DEBUG: -uid:YpO3RREtSU+BUftc8AINaA
DEBUG: -uid:j3z5FGl9eEKwzKMeHKEjwQ
DEBUG: -uid:gRokHUuvV0yc65JpVuqjmQ
DEBUG: -uid:cwI0msOvR0Kc7xaceqCZcQ
DEBUG: -uid:PjRl_4flDEet8Jo8SHRtdA
DEBUG: -uid:NP1A+bU+vUK41IY2MWnUGw
DEBUG: -uid:xQHflVkIx0Wk3bRU8bhy0Q
DEBUG: -uid:3MQHOXr4VUy6JxZ1YMmVsg
DEBUG: -uid:UM9Drk+Y5E2B+jXvIq9SGA
DEBUG: -uid:5vBdnSYa0EOmLNPNPxDxmQ
DEBUG: -uid:WWsmNAebfkq05Nh_mQph2g
DEBUG: +uid:LmIY9QRBE0uhU10urfWSJg
DEBUG: +uid:PS5r8tPRfUO0xH0UdnitmA
DEBUG: +uid:SuF0iEVYnEi6+rsF+T1QPA
DEBUG: +uid:UIZvq0h2kkaswldyPHbVVA
DEBUG: +uid:vZb2kQ6vVUi0JGbifTmTZA
DEBUG: +uid:HOpTnglWBkS9nkA8xzDYGQ
DEBUG: +uid:3ylkMR7PxEqoetyX8tDUEg
DEBUG: +uid:xA7_T4yhgEuy99UMLghvgA
DEBUG: +uid:B6O0JYJToUeVh8Jr_thCdg
DEBUG: +uid:CV+2LmIgvEuDWfoL9BPMcA
DEBUG: +uid:pc3IYjE7KkyZfiL3UmsEgw
DEBUG: +uid:MPtoSOE8XUWG6Zv+W1GgCw
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht inf ed ac uk