Re: Beagle thinks Im running windows?

Although I only know about mono what I can guess from my background as a PHP programmer, I think this might help you:

From what I can gather, .NET is a cross-platform standard, designed by Microsoft. Cross-platform applies to the filesystem as well, and MS's dynamic libraries have the .dll extension. Therefore, all the Mono libraries have the .dll extension. I have a load of libraries on my system ending in .dll, in /usr/lib/mono. I think this problem might be related to your dynamic linker, and you might find if you search your filesystem you'll find some .dlls as well.

I don't think that mono requesting libraries ending in .dll is a problem to do with a bad OS guess :-P

-Robin Haswell

Jonas Karlsson wrote:

Some more info on this. I took the easy way out and created links for every file that wasn't found (I knew I had the libs).
So I ended up with this:

libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll -> libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll -> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
libglade-2.0-0.dll -> libglade-2.0.so.0
libglib-2.0-0.dll -> libglib-2.0.so.0
libgobject-2.0-0.dll -> libgobject-2.0.so.0
libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll -> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
libpango-1.0-0.dll -> libpango-1.0.so.0

Now everything is working, but is this really the way you have to go? Have I missed something? Is it Mono that is causing all the trouble, as it's Mono that uses dll:s? I know that I had gdk_pixbuf and gtk+ on my system before I installed Mono, so at least libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll should have been created by Mono, if it is Mono that does that.