Re: searching for parts of words

Richard Boulton <richard tartarus org> writes:

> Automatic language guessing is not actually that tricky to implement -
> there tend to be characteristic words which occur frequently only in a
> certain language, or infrequently in a certain language.

FWIW, here are two links that have lists of common words for some
languages:

* http://www.marquardt-home.de/auto-lang.el
  (no frequencies, usable for stop words)

* http://www.grassouille.org/code/sources/guess-lang-0.1.tar.gz
  (including frequencies, see guess-lang-0.1/share/dictionnaries/ in
  the tarball)

Cheers,
  Colin

--
For a list of reasons why technology has failed to improve our lives,
please press 3.