Re: NFS

Hi Kyle,

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 11:55 -0400, Kyle Ellrott wrote:
> I'm looking to see if I can get beagle to work with NFS mounted home
> directories.  Looking through the archives and google, I've seen this
> question asked a few times, but haven't really heard any success
> stories.

Beagle doesn't work on NFS home directories today.  We plan to support
it at some point in the future, but performance will probably be pretty
poor, without support for extended attributes or inotify in NFS.

> I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I was wondering if I could do do
> the indexing on the NFS server, and then have the searches be done on
> the client machines?

This might be possible with the experimental network backend, but this
isn't something that has been addressed.