NFS

I'm looking to see if I can get beagle to work with NFS mounted home directories. Looking through the archives and google, I've seen this question asked a few times, but haven't really heard any success stories. I work in a lab with a central NFS file server, and everyone logs on to get their home directories. From what I understand, in order to get this to work, I'd need inotify and extended attributes working with NFS. Does anybody know about the stability of this, or if it is integrated by default into any distributions?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I was wondering if I could do do the indexing on the NFS server, and then have the searches be done on the client machines?

Kyle