Re: Maildir support status

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 23:03 +0300, Aviram Jenik wrote:
> Also, I suggest considering Bera's integration with KDE as well:
> http://dbera.blogspot.com/2005/07/beagle-and-kde.html
>
> It works nicely for me (KDE, Debian SID).
>
> Perhaps the best course of action would be to add a ./configure option
> (something like --enablekdesupport), and that will include Bera's KDE code
> instead of the gnome code.

This just changes one hardcoded value for another, and doesn't take into
account what environment the user is currently running.  I commented on
it here:

        http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-July/msg00071.html

The right thing to do is abstract the differences away in some sort of
interface rather than crufting up the code with #ifdefs.

(Incidentally, this is something that has come up on the GNOME lists
recently.  See:

        http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-July/msg00579.html

... for more info.)