Re: Maildir support status

> The problems with maildir files showing up and behaving as files rather
> than mails are just bugs in the tiles and Best.  That's where those
> should be fixed.

The problems, as i understand, is regarding the mime-type of the
files. Since the mail apps may add all kinds of custom headers, it is
hard to determine the mime-type of these files. Wouldnt fixing them in
tiles and best require some ugly hacks ? The mail backend, this is the
way I view it, already knows they are message/rfc822 files and hence
forces the mime-type.
(Then there might be other information from kmail configuration file
that I am trying to parse).

Adding such a backend might be stupid but does it cause any extra load
on indexing over the FileSystem indexer ?