Re: Why tcp sockets for dashbaord?
- From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
- To: msevior physics unimelb edu au
- Cc: dashboard-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Why tcp sockets for dashbaord?
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:43:06 -0400
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:01 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> It appears that the dashboard uses tcp sockets and quite regularly. With a
> misconfigured firewall this can cause serious slow downs in Abiword as the
> is filtered by the kernel. Iptables rules which look like the following are
> doing the damage:
At the time Dashboard was written, Mono didn't have Unix domain socket
Also, there was some desire to have Dashboard work on Windows, and TCP
sockets were the shortest path to achieving this.
] [Thread Prev