Beagle and Tomboy

I have posted this question on the Tomboy forum also.

It's related to the slowness in SuSE 9.3 with Gnome. I have run SuSE 9.3 with KDE and other distros (RH, FC3, Xandros) on the same machine (Celeron 1.7, 256 M Ram, and Swap partition of 500 M). but found that the 9.3 with Gnome quite slow at least 30%.

Here are some other observations after running the "top" command: Mono hogs up 10% of the memory; once I launch beagle, the free space in my swap partition decreases by 70 Megs in the first 15 minutes; and when I have Beagle with Tomboy and Evolution running simultaneously, the computer literally crawls – remember the Win 98 days when you couldn't run more than two programs simultaneously?

The question now is: Is this a Gnome, Mono, Beagle or Evolution problem. On another LUG forum where I have been discussion this issue, the debate is now Beagle Evolution and even SuSE. Many think that SuSE is inherently slow.

 Has anyone experienced the sluggishness in Gnome with Mono, Beagle and Evolution? What's the solution?