indexing Maildir mails

Hi,
    The changelog of beagle-0.12 says it can index maildir mails. Does
that mean mails in maildir format from any mail application ? I tried
to change local_path, imap_path etc. in  EvolutionMailQueryable to
point to a maildir directory I have but there was no response in the
debug output.
    From the code it seems the crawler tries to find files named
"summary" or *.ev-summary and quits otherwise. Are these evolution
specific files ?
   If indexing general maildir mails is not yet supported, is anybody
working on it ?

Thanks,
- Bera