Re: Giant memory leaks still there
- From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
- To: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- Cc: Tomasz Torcz <zdzichu irc pl>, dashboard-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Giant memory leaks still there
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:48:46 -0500
On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:28 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:37 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> > --debug-memory will tell you the size of the daemon process. It uses
> > VmSize but I'm about to commit something that will display VmRss
> > instead.
> Is not VmSize better for seeing leaks?
Because the memory will get paged out? Maybe so, but it seems fairly
consistent that both the VmSize and Rss values grow to ridiculous sizes.
] [Thread Prev