Re: Beagle and Thunderbird

Google Desktop can open the specific E-mail, I say there must be a way.

-Rob

Debajyoti Bera wrote:
This is one major problem (to me it is _the_ major problem). Thunderbird keeps
its mails in mbox format. Suppose beagle told you that the 3rd email in the
the mbox file /home/.mozilla/thunder/bird/directory/some/folder/mbox/file is
one of your search result. Nobody knows (or atleast I havent found) a way to
open the 3rd email of that mbox file via thunderbird. (Evolution backend has
a special way uri scheme by which you can open any email in an mbox file.
KMail backend relies on the mbox:/ kio_slave to do the same.)
Unless there is a way to open a search result, there isnt much sense in
indexing them.