Re: Beagle and nautilus

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 16:44 +0000, Joel M wrote:
> Hmm, the fact about beagle - it's a great product - but..
>
> Beagle is the best opensource indexing service out there, the sad thing
> is that it's depends on gnome libs -
> it whould been much more fun if it where freedesktop kinda thing :)

Yeah, this would be a nice thing to do.  Ignoring the UIs, the only real
GNOME (not gtk!) dependency is the mime detection we're doing with
gnome-vfs.  It would be a great starting project for someone to get us
ported over to the xdgmime stuff, because that code is all pretty
self-contained.

Off of the top of my head, I think the main thing we're using gtk for in
the daemon is the main loop.  Porting this over to just using our own
main loop and threads would probably allow us to drop that dependency,
but that's a lot more work.

Anyway, it's something to work toward.

Thanks,