Some Dashboard hacking...

Hiya. New to the list, fairly new to Dashboard.

Wanted to integrate the tool with my IRC client, so I did. irssi now has
a simple frontend - I'm perfectly willing to accept any suggestions as
to better ways to do things. Specifically, I'm not sure how the
"relevance" should be used in a case of something like IRC.

http://dashboard.crschmidt.net/clue.pl.txt uses Dashboard.pm (included
in the Dashboard CVS branch, in frontends) to send a text block to the
Dashboard, in the same manner as the "clue" script in frontends.

I also added a patch to textchainer so that any text that starts with
http:// and contains "rss" acts as an RSS clue:

http://dashboard.crschmidt.net/textchainer.diff

Pretty simple/not advanced, but it let me recognize RSS files that I was
linking to a bit better, and since I've got rather limited backend
support on my system, I figured it would be a nifty thing to test out.

One thing that I'm having a problem with is the fact that I don't use
Gnome, so the "links" that Dashboard generates won't work. I've added a
try {} catch{} to catch them and hold them from locking up the Dashboard
gui, but that's not really the best solution ;) Anyone gotten link
launching to work in a non-Gnome window manager? (Specifically, I would
rather use FireFox on my machine than just launching with Gnome.) I'll
gladly accept any ideas.

This is my first C# project, and my first time working with a project
like this at all, but it's turning out to be really cool so far. Nice
work to everyone on the project so far!

Oh, and because I've been trying to show off to some people, some
gratuitous screenshots:

http://dashboard.crschmidt.net/dashboard.png
Gaim + BugZilla

http://dashboard.crschmidt.net/dashboard1.png