Re: Problems compiling Dashboard CVS on FC-3

> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 04:51, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
>> I guess this is because I used the FC2 packages (since there are no FC3
>> packages yet).
> Yeah, this is almost certainly why.  FC3 has a newer gtkhtml, and the
> DLL mapping stuff is very version-specific.
>
>> Now I get a high-level window and the following exception...
>>
>> Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Address already
>> in use
>
> Dashboard listens to port 5913.  Maybe you have something else on that
> port?  I'm not too sure about this one.

Thanks Joe. I had some old dashboard processes still running. After I
removed them I got past this bug.

Now I get a blank dashbaord window, (just plain white), which not respond
to expose events.

I also compiled tomboy and saw similar wierdnesses. I suspect the mono FC2
rpms have other undiagnosed issues on FC3. I'll stop hacking on mono-based
apps until mono FC3 rpms appear.

Thanks very much for your help.

Martin