Re: Patch for the bugzilla backend.

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 02:45, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 05:10, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>
> > I'd envision CluePackets which contain something like:
>
> I like your idea.  One point of clarification.
>
> >   <Clue Type="bug_source">Ximian</Clue>
>
> The clue type here would more likely initially be mailing_list or
> irc_channel, and the bugzilla backend would have to know how to map this
> to the proper bugzilla source, or a cluechaining would have to occur
> which would chain mailing_list/irc_channel into a bugzilla_server clue.

Yes, sorry, my intention was that bug_source would specify which
bug database is to be looked at.  I didn't make that quite clear
enough.

I think a cluechaining backend would be more appropriate here,
it's more scalable to support multiple types of bug databases.

Hmmm...

--
Andrew Ruthven
Senior Systems Engineer, Actrix Networks Ltd   -->   www.actrix.gen.nz