Re: cool patches from puck on IRC

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 18:19, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 03:23, Nat Friedman wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 17:25, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> > > http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/dashboard/
> > >
> > > As I get time, I'll try to merge in some of Andrew's patches.
> >
> > I've applied all his patches except the Evo frontend and source tree
> > patches.
>
> Thanks Nat!  I have a few other patches I've made recently, which
> I haven't uploaded to my website.  I'll send them through hopefully
> tonight.

We should get you a GNOME CVS account so you can just commit yourself.
Your patches are good, and I don't want to be a bottleneck.

http://www.gnome.org/~chema/cvs_account.html

> > I think we should probably retool all of our Evolution-using code to
> > work against Mike Kestner's new C# bindings for Evolution, which can be
> > found in GNOME CVS module evolution-sharp:
>
> Yes, I spotted that in the Evo Blog the other day.  I think that
> would be a great idea.  The other thing to consider is what is the
> status on plugins in Evo?  They've been mentioned in the blog, but
> with the comment that nothing had been decided yet.

There's nothing concrete in the plan for Evolution 2.0.  You should
start a discussion on evolution-hackers ximian com about it.

> > This will require working against Evolution HEAD, which is the
> > eventually-to-be-called 2.0 development branch.
>
> I was thinking about looking at updating the frontend patch to HEAD
> anyhow, so oh well...

That'd be quite excellent.

Nat