Re: [Fwd: dashboard privacy issues]

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 19:24, Nat Friedman wrote:
> also, maybe tagging onto the cluepacket the location (URL?) from which
> the data is collected.  for example file://u/marius/public/* would be
> OK with being queried but file://u/marius/loveletters/* would not.  so
> simple policies could be composed, perhaps even interactively like in
> systrace[1].  http://* would be ok, but not https://*

This is the only sensible solution for now, I think.  Just make the
epiphany frontend avoid sending clues for secure urls.

Limiting networked backends to only working with public or networked
data will really limit the whiz-bang results that dashboard can
produce.  I think just making a "turn off networked backends" option is
the way to go.

-Alex