[Cowbell] Re: Cowbell Patches

tor 2005-10-13 klockan 19:01 -0700 skrev Brad Taylor:
> > > Actually, any signals that were hooked up in the glade weren't meant to
> > > be there; we actually hook these up in code.
> > >
> > Ok. I was actually planing on auto connecting these so we don't have to
> > do it in the code :-)
>
> Autoconnecting signals with glade is *BAD*.  It makes much more sense to
> see the signal hook up in the file and be able to reference it easily
> and quickly than to have some strange, out of nowhere callback doing
> important business.  Also it keeps the files required to change the name
> of a method to a minimum.  Besides, Glade just sucks as an application.
> Libglade on the other hand is much saner.

Ok, it just seemed unnecessary to have the signals both in the code and
in glade, but since they are removed now this is ok. And yes, of course
I meant using libglade to autoconnect the signals (i.e. replacing
xml.BindFields() with xml.Autoconnect()).

> > > I kind of like this at 12... it keeps it consistent with the
> > > PreferencesWindow.
> > >
> > You forget that the action area in a GtkDialog has a border too. The
> > dialog should actually have a border of 7 px, since the border of the
> > action area is 5 px, and not 6 px as I first thought.
>
> Hmm, I've never been one to add borders to action areas.  However, if
> you can find a HIG reference for this one, I'll let it slide.

The action area border is set by Gtk. This is how it's already done in
the save changes dialog, and it leaves a 12-pixel border between the
edge of the window and the nearest control, which is what the HIG
states.

Unless I forgot something, this should be good to go, right?

Eskil