Re: Conduit and Tracker

Hi,

Sometime ago I read about an effort to make Conduit work more closely
with Tracker. Recently I have been trying to build a photo management
program [1] that uses Tracker as its backend instead of a private
SQLite database. I am wonderin how I can reuse/integrate with Conduit
for "import/export" to webservices functionality?

The best way I think would be to write a conduit provider for your application, and let conduit deal with sync'ing

I saw that there is
a DBus API to interact with Conduit, but is there a plan to provide a
library of widgets that I can embed in my application?

Not that I'm aware of although I think its a good idea.

Maybe you should come up with a patch?

Thanks,
Andy

2010/1/10 Debarshi Ray <debarshi ray gmail com>
> Sometime ago I read about an effort to make Conduit work more closely
> with Tracker. Recently I have been trying to build a photo management
> program [1] that uses Tracker as its backend instead of a private
> SQLite database. I am wonderin how I can reuse/integrate with Conduit
> for "import/export" to webservices functionality? I saw that there is
> a DBus API to interact with Conduit, but is there a plan to provide a
> library of widgets that I can embed in my application?

Ping?

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.