Re: GSoC Report

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:
Cool!

When I was working on soup tests and i straced conduit to try and
debug a problem and i noticed a side effect of the way we abuse
sys.path: a simple import uuid was causing python to look for various
modules (uuid.pyc, uuid.py, uuid.so, _uuid.so, etc) in every path we
added. I think we should try and reduce our use of sys.path. Instead
of having to add conduit.modules.ThingyModule to path, we should be
able to import directly from conduit.modules.ThingyModule...

Interesting. I will ponder on this

John